Edited by Lauro S. Halstead, M.D.
Publication Date: September 2006
MedStar NRH Press is pleased to offer a fully-revised Second Edition of the highly respected Managing Post-Polio, a reference guide to living and aging well with post-polio syndrome. Managing Post-Polio: A Guide to Living and Aging Well With Post-Polio Syndrome has retained all the highly regarded content of the first edition while being fully updated with:
- All-new resources lists and references
- Complete new sections on living and aging well with post-polio syndrome
- Expanded and updated chapters throughout
- Up-to-date information on the latest medical developments
- New personal stories from persons who have prevailed in the face of ongoing disability
Edited by Lauro S. Halstead, M.D., Managing Post-Polio, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive overview dealing with the medical, psychological, vocational, and many other challenges of living with post-polio syndrome. With contributions from over 15 healthcare professionals, the majority of whom are polio survivors themselves, Managing Post-Polio distills and summarizes the wealth of information presented from over the past 20 plus years.
Here's what they said about the First Edition:
Highly recommended for all consumer health and public library collections.
- Starred Review, Library Journal
…nontechnical but meticulously detailed . . . An extremely useful work, directed at specific audiences: polios and their families and medical and social welfare personnel who work with polios.