MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MedStar NRH) and Nascott Orthotics & Prosthetics – a Hanger Clinic Company offer complete prosthetic and orthotic services for adults, adolescents, and children who are being served at the MedStar NRH or through the MedStar NRH Network. Nascott Orthotics & Prosthetics – a Hanger Clinic Company was founded in 1985 at MedStar NRH and now has offices throughout the greater Washington metropolitan area.
Prosthetic and Orthotic Services
Prosthetic and orthotic services provided through Nascott and MedStar NRH apply the latest technology, skills, and materials, assisting individuals in becoming as functional, independent, and active as possible. Persons served range from those seeking to accomplish routine activities of daily living to those who are involved in high-performance athletic competition.
Prosthetic and orthotic services offered include:
- Evaluation of prosthetic or orthotic needs
- Initial measurement and mold casting
- Fabrication of prosthetic and orthotic devices to meet the patient’s current and future needs
- Provision of custom-molded shoes for persons with orthopedic or athletic needs
- Fitting and adjustment
- Training in the use of the new device
- Provision of highly specialized prostheses, such as the C-Leg, a computer-controlled containing a microprocessor that adapts to each movement at the rate of 50 times per second; myoelectrically controlled prostheses; and sport competition prostheses
- Prosthetic and orthotic services are provided by skilled, experienced Nascott prosthetists and orthotists, who work with other physicians, therapists, and other clinicians.
Prosthetic and Orthotic Services are available at the following locations:
Prince George's County
Amputee Peer Support Group
Learn more about the Peer Support Program at Hanger.
Make an Appointment
For more information about Prosthetics and Orthotics at MedStar NRH Rehabilitation Network, please call