MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's cardiac rehabilitation program is designed for patients who need assistance in getting back to their former level of physical endurance and self-sufficiency after an acute care stay for medical and/or surgical treatment of cardiac disease. Unlike other programs that offer only medical or rehabilitation care, our cardiac rehabilitation program is unique in that it provides a combination of services from a diversified team of board-certified clinicians.
- Therapy in our cardiac gym five days a week
- Specialized EKG-monitored exercise therapy under the supervision of doctors, nurses, and an exercise physiologist
- Heart function and rhythm monitoring as a patient moves through a series of progressively more-intense activities
- Therapy sessions that address bathing, dressing, walking, using stairs, and getting out of bed
- Education on ways to prevent the progression of heart disease and manage the psychological impact on health
- Weekly cardiac support group
Before discharging a patient, our team will recommend services that will ease a patient’s transition to the next level of care. This might include outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, or home care through the MedStar Visiting Nurse Association. Our job is to build a roadmap for your recovery — and to support you along the journey as you rebuild your life.
Numbers tell the story—of success, satisfaction, and hundreds of lives restored to health, function and happiness. To learn more about our program outcomes, please click here.
- Sandeep Simlote, MD
Clinical Director - Cardiac Rehab program
- Patricia Brown, PT, DPT, MS
Co-Director - Cardiac Rehab program
MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
102 Irving Street, NW
Washington, DC 20010
Make an Appointment
For more information about Cardiac Rehabilitation at MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital, please call