Our outpatient services combine evaluation and education with goal-directed rehabilitation. Our goal is to help adults and adolescents with limb loss be as functional and independent as possible at home, at work or school, and in the community. All services are provided as part of a coordinated team approach, and each patient’s treatment plan is written according to the individual’s personal needs and goals.
Patient care is managed by an interdisciplinary team consisting of board-certified physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, prosthetists, and other rehabilitation professionals as needed. The team specializes in working with individuals who have had amputations and assists patients in understanding and managing their unique physical, psychosocial, and daily living needs.
- Assessment is available for recommendations to increase home accessibility
- Driving program available to assess, recommend and contract modifications to an automobile
- Comprehensive medical evaluation and treatment, including pre-amputation consultation for surgical patients
- Medical assessment for prosthetic needs fabrication, fitting, and repair of prostheses on site through preferred prosthetic companies and durable medical equipment companies
- Fabrication, fitting, and repair of orthotics, orthopedic shoes, and braces as needed
- Evaluation and recommendations for wheelchairs, assistive devices, and other equipment, as well as training in equipment use
- Assessment, adjustments and recommendations for ambulation with and without a prosthesis
- Recommendations for adaptations in daily tasks such as dressing, bathing, and home management
- Patient and family education assessment of pain management needs
For assistance with getting back to work after your injury or illness, we can help link you with your state vocational rehabilitation agency.