3333 North Calvert Street, Johnston Professional Building, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
Get driving directions from your location
Rehabilitation Services at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine
- Paul Zieger, MPT: Clinic Director, Paul earned his MPT from University of Delaware in 1997. Paul has worked in the outpatient physical therapy setting since 2003. He enjoys treating a wide variety of patients including orthopaedic, neurological and lower extremity amputee. Paul focuses on a combination of manual skills, exercise, and appropriate pain control modalities to achieve positive outcomes. Paul views patient education as central to patients having a successful rehab experience.
- Steve Baitch, PT: Coordinator for Program Development, Steve received his BS in physical therapy from Howard University in 1980. He specializes in lower extremity biomechanics and orthotics. He has published numerous articles in the area of orthotics and biomechanics and has lectured extensively on this topic at both local and national levels. Steve has treated both recreational and professional athletes with orthotic therapy, and is presently expanding the running analysis program at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. He has recently become certified in FMS level 1 and will be implementing these techniques as part of the running analysis program.
- Paul Aro, PTA: Paul graduated from Baltimore City Community College in 2008 with an associate's degree as a physical therapist assistant. He has four years of experience treating high school and college athletes as well as all general orthopaedic populations.
- Suzanne M. Cowan PT, DPT, OCS: Suzanne completed her doctorate in physical therapy with a musculoskeletal concentration from Drexel University in 2004. Her undergraduate degree was in psychology with a minor in biology from Binghamton University in 1998. Suzanne is currently completing an orthopaedic residency with Evidence in Motion Inc, under the clinical mentorship of Dr. Sumesh Thomas PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT. She is an Orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS) in PT credentialed by the American Board of PT Specialties and has been certified in vestibular rehabilitation through Emory University. She is also an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and belongs to the orthopedic section and vestibular special interest groups. Suzanne has served on the APTA of MD continuing education board since 2006 and has been a contributing author to the APTA vestibular special interest group.
- Jean Greenhood, PT: Jean completed her BS in Biology from Marymount University in 1986 and graduated from University of Maryland Physical Therapy School in 1988. Jean has worked in a variety of outpatient physical therapy settings and has gained a reputation for excellence in manual therapy and facial paralysis. Jean was an All American runner, New York Road Runner of the Year and competed internationally in Europe and in South America in Track & Field, Cross Country and on the road.
- Rebecca Lee, PT: Rebecca received her BS in exercise science and physical therapy degree from The George Washington University, where she played soccer and softball at the division one level. While in physical therapy school, she had a case study accepted in the complicated cases section of the Sports APTA and presented at the nation physical therapy conference. She began her career in inpatient primarily working with patients after orthopaedic surgeries until transitioning to sports medicine in 2011. Rebecca enjoys working with athletes post injury or post surgery to help the patients return to the playing field.
- Mike McMaines, PT: Mike graduated from the University of Maryland at Baltimore with a degree in physical therapy in 1992. Since that time he has worked at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital first in inpatient and for the last ten years in outpatient and sports medicine. Mike enjoys treating a wide variety of patients and has a particular interest in the shoulder and spine, and has completed multiple manual therapy courses. He enjoys teaching students and volunteers and has a passion for customer service.
- Pamela Sotir, PT: Pamela received her first BS in Public Health then joined the Peace Corps serving two years in a rural village of The Gambia. After a brief return to the USA, she spent several more years overseas teaching in Japan. Her love of educating people with regards to health care promotion led her to return to the USA where she earned her degree as a physical therapist. She especially enjoys treating adults in the orthopaedic setting for their rehabilitation, strongly emphasizing exercise and education with self management. Pamela is certified in lymphedema therapy and is advancing her education as a craniosacral therapist.
- Nicole Tannahill, PT, MPT, CLT-LANA: Nicole attended Duquesne University and graduated with a BS in Health Science in 1995 and a Master of Physical Therapy in 1996. Since then, she has practiced as a physical therapist at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in several areas including: acute care, acute orthopaedics, sub-acute rehabilitation, inpatient rehabilitation and the orthopaedic resident's clinic. Currently, she treats patients in outpatient therapy. Nicole became a Vodder-trained lymphedema specialist in 2002 and earned advanced certification from the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA) in 2005. In addition to treating patients, Nicole also serves as the hospital's orthopaedic education specialist. In that role, she teaches pre-operative classes at the hospital and health and wellness seminars in the community.
- Kim Wright, PT, MAc, Dipl Ac (NCCAOM): Kim received her BS in physical therapy in 1989 from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. She has been working for MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in the outpatient rehabilitation department since 1995. Her continuing education has focused on manual therapy and the spine. In 2004, Kim graduated with a Master's degree in acupuncture from Tai Sophia Institute. She is currently working toward a myofascial trigger point certification through Myopain Seminars in Bethesda, MD.
Learn more about Outpatient Rehabilitation Treatments at MedStar Union Memorial.