The MedStar Spine Center at McLean is like nothing else available in the area. Under one roof, you will find a collaborative group of dedicated specialists in orthopaedics, rehabilitation medicine, and neurosurgery treating adolescent and adult patients. Our approach is aimed at assuring customized, convenient, and coordinated care.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, click below to call our spine specialists.
- Structural problems
- Interventional spine procedures
- Pain management
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Scoliosis (including for pediatric patients)
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Cysts and tumors, both cancerous and benign
- Conditions caused by traumatic injury
- Neurologic deficit
- Bone infection
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Nerve compression
The MedStar Spine Center at McLean is home to one of the most experienced multidisciplinary teams of spine specialists in the area. All board-certified and fellowship-trained, our providers include:
- Physiatrists —Specialists in physical medicine & rehabilitation who are particularly skilled at diagnosing and treating nerve, muscle and bone conditions without surgery. Our physiatrists are your first provider, as well as your point of contact and coordinator for any additional care you may require.
- Therapists —Through physical rehabilitation and education of proper body mechanics, physical therapists help you restore motion, maximize function, and prevent or manage recurring injuries or diseases.
- Spine Surgeons —Experts in either neurosurgery or orthopaedic spine surgery who specialize in conditions affecting the neck and back.
- A multidisciplinary team of specialty-trained physicians and rehabilitation experts
- On-site X-ray and other advanced imaging for prompt, accurate diagnosis
- On-site fluoroscopy for outpatient procedures, including pain management
- Physical therapy, evaluation and treatment
Meet the Team
|Edward Aulisi, MD
|Kathleen Fink, MD
|Babak Kalantar, MD
|Matthew Maxwell, MD
Fred Mo, MD
Jeffrey Mai, MD
Thomas Heckman, DO
Daniel Felbaum, MD
Accepting New Patients
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our of our spine specialists, please call:
Hours of Operation
Monday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information about rehabilitation services, please click here.