MedStar Health Profile:
As the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, DC region, MedStar’s 10 hospitals, the MedStar Health Research Institute, MedStar Medical Group, and its many other programs and services are recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care. MedStar National Rehabilitation Network has over 50 locations in Washington, DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware and provides inpatient rehabilitation services at its flagship hospital in Washington, DC as well as at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
Inpatient PM&R Consult Physiatrist, Baltimore, MD
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) seeks a board certified physiatrist with at least 3 years of experience in inpatient or consultation rehabilitation. The ideal candidate will oversee consultation services at four of our acute hospitals in Baltimore, MD and provide direct patient care at two of the four hospitals. Clinical responsibilities include PM&R consultation services at two acute hospitals, inpatient call, and the opportunity to provide care in our outpatient practice. There will be close partnership with the Chair of PM&R at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital to ensure consistency of services and overall development of rehabilitation strategic planning throughout the network.
The candidate will be eligible for a faculty appointment commensurate with his/her experience in the Department Rehabilitation Medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center, the academic partner of MedStar Health.
- Medical degree - MD, DO or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in Maryland
- Board certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae to:
Curtis Whitehair, MD
Interim Vice President of Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer
(202) 877-1504 [P]
(202) 829-3487 [F]
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
At MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN), we've been treating adults and children with disabling illness or injury for more than 30 years. We're the post-acute care experts helping our patients regain independence, return to their community, and their lives. We offer the very best in rehabilitative services, including:
- Award-winning inpatient care, with 137 licensed beds at our flagship hospital in Northwest Washington, DC.
- Unique day treatment programs.
- Outpatient services at numerous sites throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Delaware.
- Home care through MedStar Health Visiting Nurse Association.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- CARF Accredited Specialty Programs in: Amputation, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, and Stroke.
- An interdisciplinary team approach to care that puts the patient first.
- Advanced rehabilitation technology, such as the ZeroG gait training tool and AlterG anti-gravity treadmill.
- International leader in rehabilitation research.
- Respected center for the education of rehabilitation professionals.