MedStar Health Profile:
As the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, DC region, MedStar’s 10 hospitals, the MedStar Health Research Institute, MedStar Medical Group, and its many other programs and services are recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care. MedStar National Rehabilitation Network has over 50 locations in Washington, DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware and provides inpatient rehabilitation services at its flagship hospital in Washington, DC as well as at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
Attending Physician, SCI Program, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) seeks a fellowship trained or experienced board certified spinal cord injury (SCI) rehabilitation physician who will join a well established yet transitioning SCI rehabilitation program in the nation’s capitol. Clinical duties are based at our flagship hospital, MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital (MNRH) and include inpatient rehabilitation on the CARF specialty-accredited SCI inpatient unit, inpatient call, and two half-days per week in the outpatient clinic. The candidate will be a part of a large spasticity program, including the use of chemodenervation and intrathecal baclofen pump management. At MNRH, the candidate has access to an on-site orthotics & prosthetics clinic, multidisciplinary seating clinic, driver’s evaluation program, adaptive technology services, and fitness program for persons with disabilities.
MNRN has a highly regarded PM&R residency program with 18 residents as well as 5 fellowship programs in Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury Medicine, Sports Medicine, Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, and Cancer Rehabilitation. The ideal candidate should possess a strong interest in academics and have a passion to teach as he/she will actively partake in the mentoring and teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows.
One of the highlights of the SCI program is its research portfolio. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in research, publish papers and give talks at the local, regional and national level.
The candidate will be eligible for a faculty appointment commensurate with his/her experience in the Department Rehabilitation Medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center, the academic partner of MedStar Health.
- Medical degree - MD, DO or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Fellowship trained (preferred)
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in Washington, DC
- Board certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board certification in SCI (preferred)
This is a full-time employed position with MedStar National Rehabilitation Network and our website is www.MedStarNRH.org. We offer highly competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience. Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered by MedStar Health. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities. MedStar Health is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae to:
Michael R. Yochelson, MD, MBA
Vice President of Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer
(202) 877-1504 [P]
(202) 829-3487 [F]
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
At MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN), we've been treating adults and children with disabling illness or injury for more than 30 years. We're the post-acute care experts helping our patients regain independence, return to their community, and their lives. We offer the very best in rehabilitative services, including:
- Award-winning inpatient care, with 137 licensed beds at our flagship hospital in Northwest Washington, DC.
- Unique day treatment programs.
- Outpatient services at numerous sites throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Delaware.
- Home care through MedStar Health Visiting Nurse Association.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- CARF Accredited Specialty Programs in: Amputation, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, and Stroke.
- An interdisciplinary team approach to care that puts the patient first.
- Advanced rehabilitation technology, such as the ZeroG gait training tool and AlterG anti-gravity treadmill.
- International leader in rehabilitation research.
- Respected center for the education of rehabilitation professionals.